Our St Albans Office
Our equity release experts cover all of St Albans and surrounding areas. With specialised, in-depth knowledge on later life lending and a keen eye for detail. We are confident in getting you the most suitable deal and look forward to helping you on your journey.
24 Holywell Hill, St Albans, Herts, AL1 1BZ
Benefits of releasing equity:
- The money you release is completely tax-free.
- Interest rates are very competitive and are usually fixed for the lifetime of the mortgage
- You can stay in your home rather than downsizing or moving to a cheaper area to release some money.
- All lenders offer a no negative equity guarantee so you’ll never owe more than the value of your home when it’s sold.
- There’s no need to repay the loan until you pass away or move out of your home and into long-term care.
- If you wish to repay some of your loan early, there are flexible repayment options for you to choose from.
- After taking equity release, you can still move house providing the new property meets the lender’s criteria at that time.
- You can choose to ring-fence a proportion of the value of your home to ensure a legacy for your estate. (Choosing this option will potentially reduce the amount of borrowing available to you.)
You might want to carefully consider:
- If you gift some of the money to family, they might have to pay Inheritance Tax in the future.
- Interest on a Lifetime Mortgage is calculated daily and added to the amount you owe each month. This means that the amount you owe will increase over time, reducing the equity left in your home.
- The inheritance you leave will be reduced.
- If you pay back some of the loan early, you may be subject to an Early Repayment Charge.
- Releasing equity may impact your entitlement to means-tested state benefits.
Get in touch
Our team of friendly advisers are on hand to answer any questions you may have.
Would you like to give us a little more detail about your enquiry? Or would you prefer to arrange a face to face appointment? Send us an email and one of our advisers will be in touch.
Book an Appointment
You can book a video or telephone appointment via our online diary system. Or, if you would like to speak to a specific adviser, you can contact them through the Our People page. Face to Face appointments are also available. Please contact us for details.